By definition the word ergonomics means the study of engineering products that allow humans to work safely and efficiently.
At 1 Source Office Furniture, we select many products that enable our clients, and their employees, to work smarter and more comfortably than ever before. Adjustable height desks, also known as sit-to-stand workstations, are an ever-growing segment of that market.
Studies show that the human body is not designed to sit at a desk all day. Many experts believe that working while standing boosts a person’s metabolic rate and may also lessen aches and pains as we age. But aside from these health benefits, many workers are able to think better when there are options for changing their work surfaces.
The good news for office workers is that America’s leading office furniture manufacturers have many smart solutions that move with you to avoid the discomfort that comes from sitting at a computer for long periods of time.
At 1 Source Office Furniture, we offer three different categories of sit-to-stand workstations:
1) Freestanding adjustable-height desk, available in different sizes and finishes.
2) Desktop sit-to-stand workstation conversion is a product that rests on any work surface.
3) Benching systems furniture with fully adjustable desktops that enable each worker to set their own desk height, or change it throughout the day for optimal comfort.
There are more opportunities for ergonomic solutions in huddle areas too. For a technology company’s expansion in Owings Mills, Maryland, we provided stand-up meeting tables in some rooms, and soft seating in other areas to give teams options for informal brainstorming sessions. These solutions are popular for any company that wants to attract and retain millennial’s in their workforce.
We offer many different manufacturers and varied products within each of these categories. Clients have many options for adding adjustable height solutions to their existing furnishings, or for designing a new work space that allows this remarkable feature.
Before you purchase ergonomic sit-to-stand workstations, consider this:
1. Look for products that will look good in your workplace and fit into the overall decor.
2. Check out the mechanics of the product to make sure it adjusts seamlessly. Some gas-lift models do not meet our standards.
3. For desktop models, consider how much surface you need for a computer monitor and writing space (36″ is standard), and consider the wire management.
4. Your trusted office furniture dealer will be able to guide you through all the leading products in this category to find the ones best for your office.
Call 1 Source today for more information: (410) 978-6500